Tuesday, January 29, 2008

ban comic sans

http://bancomicsans.com/home.html This is great. I love this website because, first of all, it's hilarious, and secondly, their ban comic sans logo is a great example of HORRIBLE typography. Yeah, it's sort-of clever how they put the slant of the "no" symbol through the letters, but it makes it really hard to read. At first glance, it looks like it says, "ccmic sars." It does work to their advantage in a way, though, because it makes me hate looking at comic sans even more! After using this font frequently when I first learned how to use a computer, I definitely agree that, unless you're a 13-year-old girl, you should NEVER use this ridiculous font.

3 comments:

lilliam said...

That's crazy! I first heard about that site reading this. I like how she breaks it down.

alison hamil said...

Yeah, that's hilarious!

Amber Rambles said...

I also found a site stating comic sans as the worst font. I will remember never to use it!
http://lmnop.blogs.com/lauren/2006/10/americas_most_f.html